Keeping You Safe
Air quality has been shown to be a significant factor in increasing the risk of contracting illnesses like influenza, common colds and of course, COVID-19. In constructing our clinic we chose to make significant investments above and beyond what current regulations require to make sure that our clinic was a safe place to be, for our patients and our staff.
At the building level we have invested in an air management system that includes:
1. Dedicated ductwork, so all air leaving an operatory is directly vented outside
2. Double filtration of all air going into the clinic
3. UV treatment of all air passing through our rooftop ventilation system to eliminate
viruses and bacteria
For individual appointments when an aerosol may be generated, we have supplemented our building system with a portable device that captures 97-99% of all aerosols generated during the procedure and filters them through a HEPA filter that is capable of capturing viruses and bacteria, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We wear appropriate enhanced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, scrubs and eyewear. PPE is selected individually for each procedure and according to guidelines and regulations created by Dental Regulatory Colleges and Public Health Unit.
- Masks are available for patients to use upon request.
- We disinfect the reception area and waiting room throughout the day. All non-essential items such as magazines, newspapers or children’s toys have been removed to limit spread of infection.
- We have adjusted patient scheduling to enhance social distancing.
- We ask that you use the bathroom prior to arriving at the Clinic.
- We continue to maintain highest standards of disinfection and sterilization. The Clinic is sanitized daily before the first patient arrives, in between each patient visit throughout the day, and at the end of the day. All equipment and instruments are sterilized, cleaned and disinfected according to both the manufacturer’s instructions and government’s IPAC requirements.