Instructions For Bruxism Appliance
- Make sure you brush and floss your teeth very well at night before inserting your night guard appliance to prevent plaque and bacteria from being trapped underneath it.
- When you wake up in the morning, brush your night guard with cool water to remove saliva residue.
- We recommend using retainer/denture cleaner (e.g. Polident) approximately once a week to help clean your appliance.
- Animals love chewing on night guards. Make sure to keep yours in the case and away from pets.
- Please bring your night guard with you if you are getting dental work done that may change the fit of your appliance. Ask us if you are unsure.
- Periodically bring in your night guard with you, perhaps for your hygiene appointments, so that we may check the bite and fit for you.
- For Thermaflex Night Guards: Run your night guard under warm water to soften it prior to insertion. Never attempt to insert it cold as it may break or cause injury to your teeth.